Monday, October 20, 2008

If you are ugly and you know it, there's help...and you don't need surgery!



Now I remember going through the "ugly" phase, which I deem the period when I lost and regrew my teeth (here is where I should post that school pic from 3rd grade). When I finally grew my teeth back I, unfortunately, fell and chipped my two front teeth, badly...and I mean badly. They were eventually capped but for those 6 months I did not smile due to embarassment and an already low self-esteem, which being snaggle-tooth did not help. But my school pictures that year were horrible because I remembered all the jokes about my jack up oral situation and consciously made sure I did not smile in that picture. Now my mom has this picture up for all to see. Perhaps I needed the new beautification software technology created at Tel Aviv University where the geometry of faces in photographs are altered slightly to more attractive distances and sizes (see picture above).


I guess this is useful if you are a E-harmonier or Match.comer (my name for online dating gurus). Yet I don't really see the usefulness since the pictures might not totally reflect how the person looks in person (even though the changes are suppose to be minor and almost undetectable).
The phrase God don't like ugly is one we have heard many times over...usually referring to a person's ugly attitude and demeanor. Wouldn't it be nice to lock in some numbers and use a computer software to alter pride, selfishness, anger, bitterness, unforgiveness...yea that would be nice. But that would be too easy right.
The bible says in 1 Samauel 16:7 "while man looks at the outer appearance God looks at the heart." We can get so consumed with our looks and physical attributes that we forget to deal with those things in our hearts that hinder us in life. We need to take some time out to deal with those issues. We can be so messed up that we need God to do a major "heart" surgery because of the pains, hurts and disappoints we have faced. So you don't need a software or thousands of dollars for medical expenses...just the loving hands of the Master surgeon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi
Very nice information, thanks

Jessica
http://my-seo-tips-tricks.blogspot.com/